For the past couple of weeks I’ve been trying to put together photos, copy and all kinds of information for a new website which is being built by Scott Richardson of Blue Ridge Media.
He has been a saint putting up with me….my photos, my changes, my not making it easy for him to put this site together. But I think we are almost ready to go live!!!!
So if you want a preview go to: http://www.blueridgemedia.com/ironmountaininn and let me know what you think. Would love to get some feedback before it’s set in stone.
And don’t forget … if you have photos of your visit to the Iron Mountain Inn B&B, please post then on our Facebook page ironmountaininnB&Bandvacationrentals. Hope to keep this blog a place to keep everyone informed about what is happening in the Tri-State region of Western NC, Northeastern TN, and Southwestern VA – it’s a very lively area and there is ALWAYS something going on year round!
It always amazes visitors how much there is to do here in the Appalachian mountains of Northeastern Tennessee during the summer and fall.
Every day there is hiking, swimming, boating, fishing and relaxing. But there are also a great many activities which are fun for the entire family.
Just in June alone are the following events:
- Blue Plum Festival – June 6-8 – Old Downtown – Johnson City – Blue Plum.org
- Heritage Hall Performance Center – Blithe Spirit – June 20,21,22
June 27, 28 – Mountain City – heritagehalltheatre.org
- Watauga Lake Winery – Wine Dinner – June 21 – wataugalakewinery.com
- Roan Mountain – Roan Mountain Rhododendron Festival –
June 21,22 – roanmountain.com
- An 18th Century Independence Celebration and Muster – Sycamore ShoalsState Historic Area-June 28 and 29 sycamoreshoalstn.org
- Old Mill Days – Trade Gristmill – Trade
- Gray Fossil Museum with permanent exhibits and traveling exhibits – Alligators, red pandas, camels, and beavers are among the finds recently discovered while digging at the Gray site – grayfossilmuseum.org
- Doe Mountain – an 8600 acre recreational area for hiking, biking and ATV trails
- Watauga Lake – swimming, fishing, boating, kayaking, stand up paddle boarding
- Butler Museum – telling the story of “the town that wouldn’t drown” – Open weekends – http://www.thebutlermuseum.com
And remember, the Iron Mountain Inn B&B and Creekside Chalet in Butler, TN are the perfect headquarters for exploring all that Butler, and Northeastern Tennessee has to offer.
Book your stay by calling 423-768-2446 or for 24 hour online reservations, go to http://www.ironmountainnn.com/rooms or http://www.creeksidechalet.net/rates.html
Looking forward to sharing the magic of the mountains with you and your friends or family this summer.